NTS in Pittsfield, MA is seeking a Test Technician to participate in numerous lightning indirect effects, lightning direct effects and electromagnetic compatibility tests for the development and certification of systems and structures. Duties included extensive amounts of travel, communicating with customers, setup of customer’s complex systems, performing lightning and EMI testing, compiling data, and report writing.LTI/NTS performs research, design, test, consulting and training for protection of a wide variety of systems against the hazards of lightning and other electrical phenomena, especially to the aircraft and aerospace, defense, and alternative energy industries. We are considered by many to be the world leaders in lightning protection design and simulated lightning protection verification testing.
Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
· Ability to independently perform test set-ups, operate and adjust test equipment for EMI/EMC testing requirements
· Collect test data for client reports
· Ability to travel to customer sites and other NTS sites to perform EMI testing
· Must be eligible to work in the US without sponsorship and able to pass a drug test and DMV and drug test
· Candidates should have a 2 year technical degree AA or AS (Electronics related highly preferred). We will consider a recent graduate or in lieu of a degree, we will consider 3+ years of experience working as an electronics technician
· Experience with EMC/EMI (electromagnetics) or a military electronics background with a good understanding of Oscilloscopes, Spectrum Analyzers, RF Amplifiers, etc.
· Ability to use a systemic approach in the preparation of EMC Control Plans, EMI Test Plans, procedures and reports
· Ability to travel up to 50% of the time, both nationally and internationally
· Ability to lift/carry up to 100 lbs.
· Results oriented with excellent time management skills
· Excellent communication and interpersonal skills with team members and customers.
· Ability to function effectively in a team
· Testing experience is highly desired
· Experience with commercial, automotive, military, and aerospace testing a plus
· Experience with military and aerospace testing a plus
· Familiarity with seismic and EMI/RF testing a plus
· Knowledge of industry test documents such as RTCA DO-160, and MIL standards desired
LCD TV REPAIR LCD TV Repair is the largest problem solved database you can find. Consultations, news and articles of the sector are sections that you can read in our community.